SENSORICA is committed to the design and deployment of intelligent, open sensors, and sensemaking systems, which allow our communities to optimize interactions with our physical environment and realize our full human potential.
SENSORICA network affiliates
SENSORICA's physical spaces
More on SENSORICA
There are two tracks of innovation within SENSORICA: sensing technology and the open value network model. The first is about integrating open source into ethical and open products. In other words, we design and manufacture open products (sensor devices and applications) to be exchanged on the market (see products). The second is about designing and implementing the open value network (OVN) model, a new organizational and business model.
As an organization, SENSORICA is
- designed to facilitate large-scale co-creation and exchange of value
- facilitates large-scale coordination and collaboration
- secures transactions among affiliates and reduces transaction costs
- facilitates resource management
- allows multi-dimensional value accounting and fair redistribution of revenue
- open: easy access to participation
- horizontal: non-hierarchical governance, autonomy of affiliates, structure shaped by value-based relations rather than power-based relations
- decentralized: bottom up allocation of resources, no central planning, no collective budget
- emergent and adaptive structure, constantly changing with respect to internal and environmental conditions
SENSORICA is an ecosystem built on a value network.
SENSORICA is partially a market-based economy and partially a gift economy. For the first part, we find solutions to problems and exchange these solutions (products) on the market for revenue. For the second part, individuals and organizations are allowed to initiate projects that are mostly passion-driven, without expecting any extrinsic reward (financial compensation or other). SENSORICA offers the right balance between passion and duty, between freedom and constraint. SENSORICA is for benefit, NOT for profit (it is not a profit maximizing organization).
- an ethical and humane organization, by its nature
- a locus of practical knowledge about sensing
- an organization tuned for the know how economy
- an organization producing Commons, we share our knowledge
- an organization optimized for speed to market and flexibility (as opposed to protection)
- an economic entity that thrives on open (source) innovation through a network-to-teams structure
- an elastic organization that builds new capacity by network affiliation / association
- we are only limited by our ability to coordinate our global network.
- we use a contribution-based compensation model.
More about us
We are reprogramming the global economy
We are revolutionizing the sensing technology
this is about the p2p economy, commons-based peer production
SENSORICA is an expanding open collaborative enterprise, designed for a rapidly changing environment, tuned for the know-how economy. In short, we are an open value network:
- Open knowledge and standards
- SENSORICA is an open, decentralized, and self-organizing value network.
- SENSORICA thrives on open innovation. We design, produce, and distribute open hardware.
- SENSORICA is open, why compete with us when you can join us?
- SENSORICA is a commons-based peer production system.
- Stop looking for a job and start working now! Join SENSORICA!
- Your revenue is based on your contribution within SENSORICA.
- SENSORICA is NOT a power-based structure, but a value-based structure.
- We bet on speed rather than protection, we thrive on open innovation.
- SENSORICA is a growing pool of know-how in sensing technology.
- SENSORICA is an institution designed for the know-how economy.
- Know-how and production capacity are the key to the new economy.
- What you know and what you can do are more important that who you are.
- Share and be social and you’ll be fine...
- All revenue is redistributed among members based on individual contributions.
- Be autonomous and show initiative! There is no boss within SENSORICA!
- A new economical paradigm…