Active affiliate of SENSORICA and co-founder; administrator of CAKE; stakeholder board member of P2PValue Project. Set of skills I bring to SENSORICA
On the organizational side, I am one of the main architects of the open value network model, and very instrumental in its implementation. I work very closely with the developers of our IT infrastructure, and I am very active in shaping our governance. I also do a lot of network weaving, coordination, facilitation, guidance, documentation and network animation.
On the business side, I am developing sustainable, self-organizing ecosystems based on open innovation. The business models that interest me the most are based on p2p economics principles and rely on p2p technologies.
My academic background is in physics, non-linear optics and laser applications to biotechnology, as well as epistemology.
My motivation for being part of this venture
Build a global network of disruptive technology developers.
Develop new technologies related to sensing and sensemaking (making sense of our environment), IoT and blockchain applications.
Improve our OVN model and help with its implementation.
Deep Dive: Rethinking value, Berlin, 2016
p2pValue International conference, Amsterdam, 2016
Invitation to private meeting in Ottawa, Ministry of Innovation, Science, and Economic Development (2016),
Invitation to private meeting at the White House (2015),
Impact Economy Summit (2015),
OuiShare Paris (2014),
TEDx Montréal (2013),
+ numerous presentations in academic forums
In the press
SENSORICA ou quand l’accès libre se met au service du bien commun [Hinnovic 12, Mov, 2015]
SENSORICA, noveau modele d'affaire ou mode passagere? [Revue Gestion, HEC Montreal, 2014]
Économie peer-to-peer : témoignage d’un entrepreneur [SAJE Montreal]
Owning Together Is the New Sharing [Yes Magazine, 2015]
Owning is the new sharing [Shareable, 2014]
In scientific publications
My scientific publications
- Photonic bandgap Bragg fiber sensors for bending-displacement detection, Hang Qu, Tiberius Brastaviceanu, Francois Bergeron, Jonathan Olesik, Ivan Pavlov, Takaaki Ishigure, and Maksim Skorobogatiy, 6344 APPLIED OPTICS, Vol. 52, No. 25, 1 September 2013
- Cancer radiotherapy based on femtosecond IR laser-beam filamentation yielding ultra-high dose rates and zero entrance dose, Ridthee Meesat, Hakim Belmouaddine, Jean-François Allard, Catherine Tanguay-Renaud, Rosalie Lemay, Tiberius Brastaviceanu, Luc Tremblay, Benoit Paquette, J. Richard Wagner, Jean-Paul Jay-Gerin, Martin Lepage, Michael A. Huels, and Daniel Houde, PNAS October 3, 2011
- Filamentation of femtosecond laser pulses as a source for radiotherapy; Ridthee Meesat; Jean-François Allard; Hakim Belmouaddine; Tiberius Brastaviceanu; Luc Tremblay; Benoit Paquette; Jean-Paul Jay-Gerin; J. Richard Wagner; Martin Lepage; Daniel Houde, SPIE Proceedings Vol. 8007, 26 August 2011;
- Optical detection system for probing cantilever deflections parallel to a sample surface A. Labuda, T. Brastaviceanu, I. Pavlov, W. Paul, and D. E. Rassier; Rev. Sci. Instrum. 82, 013701 (2011); doi:10.1063/1.3527913
- Integrated microfluidic probe station, C. M. Perrault, M. A. Qasaimeh. T. Brastaviceanu, K. Anderson, Y. Kabakibo, and D. Juncker, Rev. Sci. Instrum. 81, 115107 (2010)
- Rates of force development in MgADP-activated myofibrils isolated from skeletal muscles, presented at New Directions in Biology and Disease of Skeletal Muscle, Ottawa, May 5-8, 2010
- Artificial Muscle Membranes Fabricated Using Ultra-Short Pulse Laser Ablation (SMASIS2009-1322): Iain A. Anderson, Benjamin O'Brien, Tiberius Brastaviceanu, Gregory J.R. Spooner,
- Soft Tissue Ablation with the Raydiance 1552 nm Ultrashort Pulse Laser System; Greg Spooner, Ph.D. and Tiberius Brastaviceanu, M.S., Raydiance, Inc.
- Application Spotlight – Silicon Carbide Micromachining; Greg Spooner, Ph.D. and Tiberius Brastaviceanu, M.S., Raydiance, Inc.
- The role of photoionization during self-focusing of a powerful fs laser pulse (790nm) in liquid water; spatial distribution of the free electron population.
- The Solvated Electron.
Work I am doing within the SENSORICA OVN