The Mosquito is a force/displacement sensor device. The aim of the project is to productize the Mosquito and to develop other applications for it.
Academic network around this project
- Detailed characterization of the joint-type transducer - started
- Create and test first constriction transducer - 30% done
- Test intrinsically sensitive bandgap fibers from Maksim starting
- Build and test the modular optical fiber version of the Mosquito, compare with the first version - 90% done
- Build a transducer manufacturing device open doc- third prototype tested, moving towards a forth version
- Build the first prototype of the Scientific Instrument at Montreal Heart Institute - under testing now
Design and build a hand-held Mosquito, entirely open hardware, driven by open software.
- Install the first Mosquito Scientific System at Montreal Heart Institute - DONE
- Characterize the Mosquito Scientific System (already in progress at Montreal Heart Institute)
- Get at least a technical publication out
- Get some data in physiology
- Active Members
- Partners: Optech Montreal, Sabah Hussein (Royal Victoria, McGill University), Maksim Skorobogatiy (Plytechnique de Montreal),
[This list will be replaced with a UI/script which will automatically pull info from the activity log, and display members involved and their relative contribution. See infrastructure activity cluster for more on infrastructure development.]
Revenue will be generated by selling the Mosquito
- All members involved in design and prototyping of the Mosquito will be compensated from the income generated by sales, in proportion with their involvement. Any future improvement of the Mosquito will be accounted for.
- Members involved in the manufacturing process will get compensated according to the amount of time they put in.
- Members involved on marketing and branding will also get a cut of sells.
- A cut is also allocated to members operating in the social space, helping our community to grow and improving the image of our community, and to members working on SENSORICA's infrastructure.
Tools, activities, and processes
- General folder: SENSORICA/Projects/Mosquito
- For the first Mosquito Scientific Instrument installation at McGill we're using the folder SENSORICA/Projects/Sabah Hussein,
- For the Mosquitoinstallation at the Montreal Heart Center
we're using the folder
- Use mosquito_project as tag for Diigo
- Activities related to electronics - see the Electronics activity cluster page.
- Project management - see the Gantt Chart (members only)
Skills and resources needed
We need electrical engineers to design the Mosquito electronics
We need mechanical engineers to package the Mosquito.
You can also contribute financially to reduce the burden on materials. Contact us through our mailing list if you want to take initiative.