Design intrinsically bend-sensitive optical fiber for very sensitive displacement/force sensors.
- Get an ENGAGE grant for development - DONE!!
Have different fiber recipes and a fabrication facility OR a supplier.
- Explore a few different designs and chose a few of those
- Fabricate a few types of bend-sensitive fiber, different diameters are required
- Perform opto-mechanical characterization of the fiber
- Integrate new fiver into the Mosquito
[This list will be replaced with a UI/script which will automatically pull info from the activity log, and display members
Revenue will be generated by selling transducers. Transducers are consumables, they have a finite life-time and they need to be replaced from time to time. Transducers are used in the Mosquito, and other systems that integrate the Mosquito.
- All members involved in design and prototyping of the transducer will be compensated from the income generated by sales, in proportion with their involvement. Any future improvement of theconstriction transducer will be accounted for.
- Members taking part in designing and building the semi-automated manufacturing device to assemble our transducers will also have a cut from the revenue generated by every transducer sold.
- Members involved in the manufacturing process will get compensated according to the amount of time they put in for every batch of transducers sold.
Tools, activities, and processes
Skills and resources needed
optical fiber design, optical engineering, non-linear optics
Optical fiber polishing