The Mosquito is a force/displacement sensor device. The aim of the project is to productize the Mosquito and to develop other applications for it.
Different Mosquito sensor designs/prototypes
Academic network around this project
- Enhanced driver for SS4 Mosquito
- Build the first Mosquito demo for road show.
Design and build a hand-held Mosquito, entirely open hardware, driven by open software.
- Mosquito Scientific System at Montreal Heart Institute
- Characterize the Mosquito Scientific System (already in progress at Montreal Heart Institute)
- Get at least a technical publication out
- Get some data in physiology
- Deploy the LED Mosquito as scientific instrument and educational tool
- Active Members
- Partners: Optech Montreal, Sabah Hussein (Royal Victoria, McGill University), Maksim Skorobogatiy (Plytechnique de Montreal)
Revenue will be generated by selling the Mosquito through one of our exchange firm Tactus Scientific.
- All members involved in design and prototyping of the Mosquito will be compensated from the income generated by sales, in proportion with their involvement. Any future improvement of the Mosquito will be accounted for.
- Members involved in the manufacturing process will get compensated according to the amount of time they put in.
- Members involved on marketing and branding will also get a cut of sells.
- A cut is also allocated to members operating in the social space, helping our community to grow and improving the image of our community, and to members working on SENSORICA's infrastructure.
Tools, activities, and processes
Skills and resources needed
Electrical engineers to improve the Mosquito electronics
Mechanical engineers to package the Mosquito.
Photonics improve the optical layout and optical fiber transducer sensitivity.
You can also contribute financially to reduce the burden on materials. Contact us through our mailing list if you want to take initiative.