Design and product constriction transducers for our displacement/force sensing instruments.
- It is used in the Mosquito sensor, see applications.
- Used in the flow sensor [create project page, link here]
- Build a first transducer and test it with the new Mosquito.
- characterize mechanical and sensing properties.
- Build a semi-automated fabrication device
- Figure out the fabrication technique
- Perform characterization to bring it in spec for bio-medical applications at the cellular level. See Mosquito applications.
[This list will be replaced with a UI/script which will automatically pull info from the activity log, and display members
Revenue will be generated by selling transducers. Transducers are consumables, they have a finite life-time and they need to be replaced from time to time. Transducers are used in the Mosquito, and other systems that integrate the Mosquito.
- All members involved in design and prototyping of the transducer will be compensated from the income generated by sales, in proportion with their involvement. Any future improvement of theconstriction transducer will be accounted for.
- Members taking part in designing and building the semi-automated manufacturing device to assemble our transducers will also have a cut from the revenue generated by every transducer sold.
- Members involved in the manufacturing process will get compensated according to the amount of time they put in for every batch of transducers sold.
Tools, activities, and processes
Project folder in database: SENSORICA/PROJECTS/Mosquito/Constriction transducer
Skills and resources needed
- We need electrical and mechanical engineers to build the semi-automated manufacturing device to assemble our transducers.
- We need partners to build a fiber coating device.
- We also need testing and quality control devices as well as calibration devices.
See more announcements
Tests on all silver coated constriction transducers
PMMA fiber constriction device
Work party March 27
Work party March 07