Create an optical fiber-based force transducer based on evanescent wave leaking.
The principle behind the device was already published, it is part of the public domain.
Applications of evanescent wave transducer
- Prof of concept experiments.
- Build first prototype.
- Successful fiber coating, follow optical fiber coating.
- Successful fiber tip patterning
- First prototype and successful proof of concept experiment
- First Product
[This list will be replaced with a UI/script which will automatically pull info from the activity log, and display members
This project is about creating another type of transducer. We're in the initial R&D stage. Contributions to this project will carry on for the entire lifetime of the product. By contributing, you earn equity, which will be translated into revenue once the product reached the market. See SENSORICA Business Model and Value Accounting System.
Tools, activities, and processes
- Communication: the project is just starting, there is no specific communication channel, we use the central SENSORICA mailing list.
- A folder for this specific project was created under SENSORICA/Projects
- A folder for this specific project was created under SENSORICA/Literature/Evanescent wave, containing relevant papers.
- Document describing this transducer
- Items in our Diigo knowledge base will be tagged: evanescent_wave_project
Skills and resources needed
- Coating of glass optical fiber with metal URGENT
- Patterning optical fiber tip (cross section)
Contact us for more info or if you want to contribute!
LiteratureLight trapping cavity enhanced light transmission through a single sub-wavelenght apperture in metal film.
Some interesting stuff related to this project
Home made vacuum metal evaporation glass coating
by external party
Home made silver chemical glass coating
Optical fiber coating by metal evaporation
Optical fiber coating by chemical deposition of silver