Create a network of open innovation spaces in Verdun, Montreal.
Initiative started by SENSORICA in colaboration with David Lametti, MP from Verdun and Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development.
David Lametti follows SENSORICA since 2013. In January 2016, after the federal election, David invited SENSORICA members to discuss about an initiative to boost the economy in his riding. The general idea was to create a network of open innovation spaces, built along the OVN SENSORICA model, where the local population can meet with entrepreneurs and local companies to generate new economic initiatives.
David asked sensoricans to gather a group of experts from our local network to facilitate the implementation of this concept.
OuiShare MTL was the first network to be included in this project. Alex Bigot, co-founder of OuiShare MTL and OuiShare global connector was invited by sensoricans at a meeting on the Parliament Hill in Ottawa, where David Lametti reaffirmed his commitment to this project.
During the Montreal edition of the World Social Forum we met with other local players and discussed the project, in order to complete the initiation and facilitation team.
Create a presentation about the concept - Done
Get funding - latest in March 2017
Implement the concept in Montreal
Deploy the concept throughout Canada
Phase 1 : Analyzing the needs of the local ecosystem; make the right solution emerge
» Workshops with the political local actors
» Public events organization to sensitize the local populationPhase 2 : implementation
» Spaces layouts and equipment
» Services design
» Human resources organisation
» Shared IT infrastructurePhase 3 : working with network models and creating bridges with other territories
The funding will be distributed to all the participants in the project, based on their roles.
Tools, activities, and processes
Skills and resources needed
Open space design, implementation and co-management
Community-based approaches and action
Photos of potential spaces for the first phase of the project
- January 2016, had meeting with David Lametti in Montreal,
- June 2016, had meeting with David Lametti in Ottawa,
- August 2016, had meeting with David Lametti in Montreal,
- September 2016, had meeting with Verdun city officials and David Lametti, .
- Oct 6th 2016, 9am, phone call with David Lametti - talk about Governance and Legal Structure, before we talk about formalizing collaboration and who funds what during our meeting on the 14th (see below).
- October 14th, meeting with Arrondissement Verdun, representatives from Ville de Montreal and PME Montreal.
- Visited 2 spaces on the 31st. of October
- Dec. 4th, Marguerite Mandel wants to join the project, meeting with Tibi
- Dec. 6th David Lametti sends draft for funding proposal
- Dec 21th. meeting with David Lametti and Marguerite Mandel.